Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sternennachteburg - Whats in a name?

Sternennachteburg - Starry Night Castle
For anyone who speaks German, I apologize, I don't but I'm still using the language.  In a previous post I gave the name of the castle which my design gets inspiration from, but I did not give my own creation a name.  That's because it has changed a few times, so I wanted to be sure of my decision before posting it.  

The decided name is Sternennachteburg, which roughly translates into Starry Night Castle.  You can thank Google Translate for the beginning of the German, and me for cobbling(in other words, destroying a perfectly good language) it together.  I chose German because my family has German ancestors and I like the sound of Sternennachteburg.

The name comes from the material that I have built it out of.  It is a blue granite with yellowish spots that remind me a bit of a night sky. This has lead to some interesting story ideas with this castle, since I can play around with geology and science in an imaginary world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment