Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sternenachteburg - Shields

Rank can be understood from a quick look at the shield.


A round shield
Every good castles needs a shield for the defenders.  This is the very basic design of the defender's shield.  I have artistic licence with what is possible in my castle's universe, so I have a little fun.

Rank is easily determined by a quick glance at the shield.  A common soldier would have a plain shield. Officers would have their personal or family crest on the shield with the material determined upon rank.  Leutenants would have steel, Captains would have a white metal, and Commanders/Generals would have a Gold metal.  The remaining four shields have to do with a story-line with the castle, so I wont go into detail about them right now.

I also acknowledge that not all fighting positions use the stereotypical shield shape, so I included a round shield as an example of how this would work with multiple shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment