Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Design

I like designing things. A lot. 

And the two subjects that seem to keep my attention the most are Christianity and medieval architecture.   As a result, these are the places that my affinity for design come out.  Crosses, churches, and castles are my favorite subjects.  I don't really have practical application for any of my designs, but then, I do most of the work for stress relief, and not for my work.

One of the benefits to designing without real world application, is that I can create without fear of the obvious, is this possible with modern engineering.  I have one castle and one church that I have been working on in Google Sketch-up off and on for a few years that will likely never go beyond the computer screen, but I enjoy it so it doesn't matter.  The castle is inspired by a Welsh castle called Beaumaris, but it has grown considerably since I first started.  The church is inspired by a few different things, and has also grown past the point of practical (I think).

I'll probably post things here and there about the various projects, namely how they are going and what has changed most recently.  

No comments:

Post a Comment